Wednesday, March 23, 2011

God's Protection My Response

God's Protection. My life is a story of God's grace, protection and provision. Today I want to write of His protection. Like the proverbial "cat with 9 lives" am I.  I have survived a plane crash, being robbed at gunpoint and the list goes on.

Just moments ago I was traveling down a toll road, my daily jaunt to take my two precious children to school. Lots of speeding drivers, reckless maneuvering and cars traveling too close all characterize the journey.
Today there was a consequence for those bad choices.

As I scanned ahead I had noticed a car fairly far in the distance trying to move quickly into the next lane where there was no room. Perhaps he was trying to avoid a crash. Brake lights went crazy, cars trying to evade the scene.

I drive a large SUV that is hard to stop. In a flash deciding not to slam on the brakes fearing we would be hit from behind, I braked firmly. Every driver in front of me was trying to stop their car. Its all happening so fast.
We were traveling in the far left lane. I looked for a safe place to go. Of course that place is always God.

Cars were still slamming on their brakes in front of me. There was no way to get our "beast" of a vehicle stopped and I was not following close to the cars ahead of us.
I dashed into the next lane braking, steering and scanning ahead and behind. Then into the right lane. My heart was racing. No car there.
The red truck that a few moments before had been speeding near me was slowing in the shoulder lane.
Only by Gods grace and protection were my boys and I spared from being hit.

Thank you Abba Father. Once again you have spared my mortal life. I know you have saved me for a reason all these many years. I have been in harms ways so many times and you've rescued me every time. It was for your eternal purposes only and not because I deserved it. May I do your will and serve you faithfully.
I am a sinner saved by grace. Father continue to refine me. Guide me and direct my steps. Use me as a vessel through which You work.

As we crept by the wrecked cars and scared people checking to make sure everyone was ok we counted 8 cars crashed but no one appeared to be hurt.
I told my boys immediately that God had protected us. It was not my evasive driving but God at the wheel directing of our lives.
We prayed thanking God for this blessing, for our eternal salvation through Jesus, for the victims and much more.

It was no coincidence that my 15 year old son who has his driving permit experienced these events. Just this very morning as we drove to school we discussed that it was time for him to begin driving to school on the tollroad- a scary proposition for us both. Gods timing was perfect. Wow!
God was at work in his life as well. He witnessed an invaluable lesson on personal choices

Whose behind the wheel driving your life?  Is it working?

"Protect me, for I am devoted to you. Save me, for I serve you and trust you. You are my God - Psalm 86:2
Proverbs 30:5  Psalm 5:11.  Click here for my post regarding the plane crash

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to each comment. Please ask Questions or share thoughts