Friday, November 11, 2011

Good Morning God

"Good morning God. This is your day. I am your child. Show me your way."
The words above are lyrics to a song. 
I used to sing this song every day to wake up each of my sons, Alexander and Dylan

Climbing Joseph's Coat
I would sing to them as I entered their bedrooms
then I would open the curtains to let the sun shine into their room and say;


"Good morning flowers. 
Good morning trees. 
Good morning birds 
and Good morning bees"

I'd hug each precious child and maybe give him a "scratch back" to start the day with JOY!

Joyful for God, Life, Love, Faith, Family 
and our Hope in Christ!

I still sing this song today. Now I am singing it to God as a prayer.
It always puts a smile on my face and joy in my heart!

Although the lyrics are simple they are full of meaning.

GOOD MORNING GOD

"For God is King of all the earth; sing to him a psalm of praise"
Psalm 47:7


Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good.
His love endures forever"
Psalm 136:1

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
who has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ."
Ephesians 1:3

THIS IS YOUR DAY

"Every day I will praise you and extol your name for ever and ever"
Psalm 145:2

"Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above
 and on the earth below. There is no other." 
Deuteronomy 4:39

I AM YOUR CHILD

"Acknowledge that the LORD is God! He made us, and we are his. 
We are his people, the sheep of his pasture."
Psalm 100:3

"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother's womb. 
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
Psalm 139:13-14

"And do not call anyone one earth 'father,' 
for you have one Father, and he is in heaven"
Matthew 23:9


But to all who believed him and accepted him he gave the right 
to become children of God. 
They are reborn--not with physical birth resulting from human passions or plan, 
but a birth that comes from God.
John 1:12

"If we live, it's to honor the Lord. And if we die, it's to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord."
Romans 14:8

SHOW ME YOUR WAY 

(instead of following my own)

"Show me your ways, LORD, teach me your paths
Psalm 25:4

"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
even there your hand will guide me,your right hand will hold me fast."
Psalm 139:10

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart;do not depend on your own understanding;
Seek his will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take."
Proverbs 3:5-6


"I guide you in the ways of wisdom and lead you along straight paths." 
Proverbs 4:11

"I know, O LORD, that a man' life is not his own; it is not for man to direct his steps." Jeremiah 10:23

"He must increase, but I must decrease"
John 3:30
To God be the Glory! - Julie

Please share the names of songs that hold special meaning for you! Or sweet good morning stories. Use the Comment below. It's easy to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I will respond to each comment. Please ask Questions or share thoughts